Sunday 1 February 2015

Fine Dining.

This blog post was actually written May 2013, and has been sitting in my account ever since. So today as i am going through my blog, trying to get everything in order i have decided, 'no more sitting around doing nothing for this little post, its time to show it to the world'. So here it is, i hope you like it.

Not only was last weekend Hubby’s birthday (making him the grand old age of 26!), it was also a weekend of new experiences, and this began with a visit to Northcoat.


So Saturday night at 9pm (Hubby’s actual birthday day) saw us dressed in our finery for a night of family fun and culinary delights. On arrival, after I had faffed around outside taking some outfit pictures, I found the rest of our crew in the lounge area settling in to some arm chairs. We then perused the menu (quietly sobbing – fine dining is not cheap), our coats were taken and drinks were ordered. Then to our delight some canapés arrived. We haven't ordered these, we thought. I hope we aren’t going to be charged for these, we thought (novice remember). No no no, these little morsels were on the house. And they were blooming lovely! 6 little cones of what I can only describe as a pea cornetto, and 6 posh croquettes, one for each of us. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive at trying the pea cornetto but it was a taste sensation.

We were then shown to our table where our waiter showered us with ma’ams and sirs, an amazing show of table dexterity (the way that guy poured the drinks was nothing less that spectacular) and a wealth of knowledge about our chosen meals.

Unfortunately I didn’t think to take a picture of the canapés. Bad times I know. However I did take pictures of everything else that I had the pleasure of trying.

I have no clue what this course is called, but it was a tiny bowl of goats cheese and some type of tomato puree, that we were all graced with before the starters. Yum.


I didn’t have a starter because I had my eye on the cheese board for afters, so here is my main meal. I went for a small portion of the North Sea Hake Crispy Coated, Seaweed, Smoked Tartar, and Marrowbone. It was amazing!


And here is the Pièce de résistance. The cheese board. Now please accept my apologies for the poor picture of the cheese board paraphernalia. If you squint your eyes you might just be able to make out that there was: Celery in a glass with ice, crackers, chutney, walnut and fruit loaf and grapes. I took this picture twice and could not get it to look clear!


The 5 types of cheese on my plate were the kitchens choosing. I was given the option to view the cheese selection and pick my own but I let the kitchen decide instead (it’s always good to try new things). And try I did. There were 2 cheeses which I didn’t like in my selection but if you don’t try, then you don’t know, so this did not put a dampener on my meal.


After the meal and before we parted company with our extremely attentive hosts, and to see us on our way in to the dark night, we had bestowed upon us the most delicious petit fours. These were a scrumptious selection of chocolate and cake treats (on the house again). OMG I forgot the bread rolls! After the mini goats cheese surprise and before the starters they served a selection of warm bread rolls (on the house as well, can you believe it! I love ‘on the house’). I may have had two of these and they were ………… well you can imagine.


So on to the outfit, and what does one wear for such an occasion? Well I wore a blush dress with cherry pattern from Oasis. A fluffy jacket by Yumi, from a boutique in the delightful village of Clitheroe. Black and white, houndstooth Newlook shoes (a gift from the mother-figure), and a matchy matchy black and white bag from Accessorize. Suitably attired I think, especially when you see what I wore the next day.


Make up wise. Yes this picture was taken in the car and yes it was a Selfie. But some pictures you just have to take yourself and my arm isn’t quite long enough to take a full body pic, otherwise you might be getting some of those as well.






































Make up used:
Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm, foundation.
Dior Skin Flash 002, concealer.
Illamasqua Powder Foundation PF115, powder.
MAC Spiked Eye Brows, eye brow pencil.
Collection 2000 Colour Lash clear 11, eye brow gel.
Illamasqua Precision Ink havoc, eye lid eye liner.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil ransom, tightline.
Givenchy Noir Couture black satin 1, mascara.
Sleek MakeUp Blush flamingo 937 (I think), blusher.
Sleek MakeUp Face Contour Kit light 884, contour and hilighter.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss 30 racy raspberry shimmer, lips.

I hope you have enjoyed my night of fine dining. Its all about getting your 'posh on', and i have some in me somewhere.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment