Monday 1 December 2014

Multiple advent calendars


The anticipation of opening each window, the excitement of a surprise inside, and doing this every day for 24 days!


Whether it's chocolate, sweets or something a little different, growing up this was total enjoyment for me. But i loath to admit that over the last couple of years the calendar tradition has lost a bit of its sparkle. I would go days without opening the windows and I wasn't really bothered about it, but I have a feeling this year will be different. Already I have not 1, not 2, but 3 advent calendars! Now some might see that as excessive and I suppose it is, but non the less it has happened.

So I have the obligatory chocolate one, because..........well..........chocolate! 


I then have the Ciate mini mani month advent calendar. Both this and the Benifit one were what I wanted last year but I didn't get either of them, so this year I have gone all out. It did help that I bought the Ciate one from TKmaxx for £19.99 instead of the recommended retail price of £52.00. Bargain! I have to say that I do think that this is last years calendar but that doesn't matter to me.



And last but definitely not least is the Benefit calendar, the holy grail of advent calendars. I am very excited about this. I put my name on the waiting list at me local Debenhams for this and paid full price, which was a substantial amount............ It was a hefty amount................Ok it was £60. I'm sure some of you are shouting at your computer right now, desperately advising me that this is TOO MUCH to pay for an advent calendar. And I would like to lovingly thank you for your concern, however OMG BENEFIT CALENDAR! For those of you that want this calendar unfortunately this is probably, most definitely sold out by now, hence the waiting list. 



So Christmas is well and truly ON. I have started my Christmas shopping and wrapped some. I have eaten some mince pies - it's acceptable to eat those any time of the year isn't it? And I have been enjoying the Christmas TV adverts. Now the 1st December is here the count down has begun, I can get on with opening those little windows. 

Are you guys channeling the early Christmas spirit? Got your calendars yet? Which are they? I love Christmas.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment