Sunday 3 May 2015

Is it always good to change up your beauty regime?

So I did it. I changed my beauty regime. You should know that this was not done by choice alone, it was actually done under duress. You see I was going to buy my normal cleanser and toner - Avene extremely gentle cleanser and Avene cleanance toner. However when I went to look in 3 different Boots stores I was confused. I couldn't find my normal products on the shelf. So I had a look online and I think what they have done is changed the packaging. I know its only a little change, it shouldn't have affected me at all really, but for one I am not a missive fan of change, and for two it doesn't take a lot to confuse my tiny mind. So what do you do when you cant find the thing you are looking for? Well you buy something else of course!


For my compulsory new products I didn't have to go too far off the beaten track. I bought my new cleansers and toner from, the much loved by me, (and I'm sure other people) Lush. I decided to go with the 9-5 cleanser (for days when I can't be bothered washing my face with actual water), Angels on Bare Skin cleanser (when I can be bothered), and Eau Roma Water toner.

ANNNNNNND now I have spots!

Not a massive amount of spots, but enough to make me upset. I don't get spots very often and when I do its generally 1 or 2, but currently I have some, a few, a collection and I am not happy. Now I can't be completely sure that it was the products on their own that committed this heinous crime against me because I have been ill as well, but non the less this needs to STOP!

So in answer to the question above, no sometimes it isn't good to change your beauty regime. I think if its working for you, your products are doing what you want them to do, and your skin is looking gawjus then as the old saying goes 'if it ain't broke...' you know the rest. And as soon as I get chance I will be going back to my usual products, hoping upon hope that they can fix this mess.

Change ay, it can go either way.


Update: Just to clarify. A lot of the time when people change their skin care to something more cleansing than what they were using before, spots can come out. They are basically the crap coming out of your skin, and they last a little while (a few weeks or even a month) and then clear up leaving you with better skin. The spots discussed above were not that. I know this because I was already using a good cleanser and toner, and also I scrub and mask quite often as well. I just don't want you to get the wrong idea about changing your skin care regime. Sometimes a change IS necessary to achieve better skin.


Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment