Sunday 24 May 2015

My first Birchbox

Today I would like to show you my first ever Birchbox. Now you have all seen my post about Glossybox and this is very similar, just by a different company. Why have I changed companies? Well I was bored. You see I go through stages, sometimes I really enjoy Glossybox, and then sometimes (generally when I have got a collection of products mounting up that I haven't managed to try yet) I get bored. So this is what happened with Glossybox. Then, like I always do, I start to miss it. I miss getting a box of surprises every month. So when the thought came over me this time I had a look online and found Birchbox. Like I said this is the same premise, just by a different company.

So to give you the down low Birchbox is an American company who send out goodie boxes containing 5 deluxe beauty samples each month to lovelies in the US, UK, France and Spain. UK Birchbox's costs £12.95, you fill out your beauty profile to let them know what kind of products you like and what your skin's like, so they can tailor (as much as possible) your box to you. And guess what, it's awesome!

I have to say I am very impressed with my first Birchbox! The box itself is customizable, it's made to be coloured in (it came with colouring pencils just for that reason) and - as if colouring a box wasn't incentive enough, if you do color in your box you can post a picture of it on Birchbox's website and, with enough 'likes' you could win £500 to spend on Birchbox's website, in their shop. Yes they have a shop on their website as well, to buy the full size (I'm assuming) products that you like from your samples. This is a great idea. The thing that annoyed me with Glossybox was that if I really loved a product, and it wasn't readily available on the high street I couldn't buy it. And that my friends is a nightmare when you really love some thing.

So what did I get in my Birchbox?


Leaflet = A leaflet to explain my products and give some hints and tips.
20% off = A voucher for 20% off my first order from the online shop, when I spend £30+. Can't wait to use that!
Colouring pencils = To colour in my box with of course. I didn't actually use them to colour in my box, but it was a lovely thought. And for me it showed that the guys at Birchbox have really thought of everything.
No4. Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque = This is a hair masque that's going to transform   my locks. Can't wait!
Parlor by Jeff Chastain, Moisturising Sea Salt Spray = Another hair product, this time for styling. It's going to give me 'tousled, textured waves', beach babe style.
NUDE ProGenious treatment oil = This is a treatment oil to hydrate the skin.
Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser & muslin cloth = I have been wanting to try this product for a really long time now so I am very excited to get this in my box!
Stila lip glaze = A sparkly nude lip gloss.
Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics caribbean sun bronzer duo in Martinique = One matte light brown colour, one bronzy pink shimmer colour.
WAH London nail art pen in shade 08 = I love a bit of nail art and I will be getting creative with this blue pen.

So 7 samples instead of the stated 5. That makes me very happy! And look at the cool bag they all came in. Needless to say, I will be staying with Birchbox for a while. I wonder what other goodies will come my way.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment