Sunday 5 July 2015

Ciate nail polishes



Check these babies out! This is my Ciate nail polish collection (In the front, the back are OPI). Straight from the 2013 Ciate advent calendar. Now I know when first reviewing this calendar I said that I probably wouldn't pay full price for it and I probably wouldn't buy it again next year. Well...I might have had a small change of heart. I love these nail polishes! The formula is great, goes on easy and smooth, and east to take off. No chipping. The colours are lovely and it must be the only time that I would buy the mini size over the full size. Every other brand where I have tried the mini size I have hated them, finding that they have dried out too quickly and the lid (where the brush is) hasn't been easy to use - which means messy application. These do not have any of those faults. Also they look like they were made to fit my shelves and I can't tell you how much that makes me happy. Soooo I'm thinking about buying the Ciate calendar again this year. You know if it's on the cheap, or maybe even if it's not. You will have to wait and see.


So what colours do we have? L-R: #1 Boudoir, #2 Encore!, #3 Play date, #4 Hopscotch, #5 Main Stage, #6 Pillow fight, #7 Sugar Plum, #8 Candy Floss, #9 Hoolpa, #10 Amazing Gracie, #11 Ivory Queen, #12 Members Only, #13 Pepperminty, #14 Chinchilla, #15 Starlet, #16 Tweed and Tails, #17 Fit for a Queen.


These are the special affects polishes. L-R: #1 Sequin Dallas Dolly (loose, dry confetti). #2 Glitter Twinkle Toes (loose, dry glitter), #3 Caviar Pearls Cupids Arrow (little loose balls on the pinky colour spectrum), #4 Caviar Pearls Midnight in  Manhattan (loose balls black and cream), #5 Caviar Metallic Pearls Silver, #6 Caviar Pearls Metallic Gold.

I haven't used this caviar, or in fact any caviar before. Its just too much of a faff for me, so I can't tell you if they are good or not. But I will be using the loose confetti and glitter because it looks lovely. Also I am getting in to loose glitter at the moment. Obviously glitter nail polish will always have a place in my heart, because who doesn't love all over sparkly nails. But I do quite like dry, loose glitter for being able to place the glitter exactly where you want it, and for not adding bulk to the nail (which too many coats of nail polish can do).

So there's the line up. Looking all gawjus. But just in case you wanted to see these polishes in action, I've thought of that too. Organised Moi? You can check out my Instagram delightedimsure to see my nails all dressed up.

So what do you guys think of Ciate? Is it on your nail favorites list? Or have you got other favorites that I need to know about?

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment